Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"D" is for different

Ok, I'll admit it, writing and I are not best friends. In fact, the thought that I am a blogger is making me laugh in my IC Light.



I'm different. I have a passion for disparate things. My blog is an invitation for readers to enter the world of a pastor/coach/musician/fisherman/frustrated golfer/unhandy-man...

By reading my Blog you will become familiar with an old guy's love of metalcore.

By reading my Blog you will be invited into a world of theology and coach speak.

By reading my Blog you will enter the mind of what makes "different" so much fun.



Two things you can count on. My posts will be relatively brief, which in and of itself is laughable, considering my preaching is considered verbose and too long...

And, my grammar and syntax will be shoddy at best, and littered with these (.....) My daughter knows what they're called....



Each post will be a rhapsody on the letter "D...." The American Heritage Dictionary defines a rhapsody as an "exalted or excessively enthusiastic expression of feeling in speech or writing.



"Different" is not only fun it is thought provoking. I've become dangerously close to not thinking enough. When your passions lie in the center of life's political and theological spectrums, one can become lazy. You know, "if you don't stand for something then you will fall for anything." The things I stand for, I can't stand... for! The apostle Paul stated it something like this...The good I want to do I don't do, and the things a I don't want to do I end up doing! It's what drove him to total reliance on the grace of God! Different does not insist on being right... or wrong. It's just different.



God is different, not that much different than you and me..... but really different. And I believe that "different", like love, makes the world go around.

6 comments:

  1. Good stuff, dad! Keep on blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I find it funny that the tag "bigg daddy d" still hold from over on NRTTS.

    Good stuff, I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew from the beginning why I liked you....you're different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I share the initial D maybe I qualify as well. Being a Lutheran/Baptist at a Jesuit school certainly feels "different."
    Thanks Bro!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete